NEWS

BREAKING: Fire guts section of Supreme Court No Casualities recorded

A source told Vanguard that the fire was probably caused by electrical malfunction in one of the offices within the administrative wing of the court.

A wing of the Supreme Court complex situated at the Three-Arm-Zone, Abuja, was engulfed by fire on Monday morning.

Vanguard learned that the fire, which started around 7am, caused panic among staff members of the court who scampered to safety.

Though no human casualty was recorded, however, it was not clear whether sensitive documents and files were destroyed by the early morning fire.

A source told Vanguard that the fire was probably caused by electrical malfunction in one of the offices within the administrative wing of the court.

The source confirmed that three offices, including that of Justice Mohammed Saulawa, was touched by the fire before it was eventually put off.

The Public Relations Officer for the Court, Mr Festus Akande, who spoke to Channels Television on Telephone says the cause of the fire was electrical from one of the Chambers of the Justices and was put out with the use of fire extinguishers.

Akande added that the stories making the rounds on social media that there are casualties are “fake news”.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Allow ads or disable ads blocker on you browser