NEWS

UK, US citizens seen flying out of Nigeria following terror alert

American and British citizens working at their embassies in Abuja, Nigeria have been captured on tape leaving the country following terror alerts from their governments.

The US and UK, earlier in the week, warned their citizens about the possibility of terror attacks in Nigeria.

A video making the rounds on social media shows the diplomats arriving in a long convoy at the international airport to depart the country.

Many of them had their luggage fully packed as though it were a permanent relocation back to their respective countries.

Watch the video below:

Meanwhile, a security alert issued by US on Sunday, cited “elevated risk of terror attacks” in parts of the country.

A statement on its website said; “Attacks could be indiscriminate and could affect western interests, as well as places visited by tourists.”

Also, the UK said; “On Monday 24 October, British High Commission Abuja (BHC) will be open for Business Critical staff only. ALL colleagues wishing to travel to BHC should seek authorisation from Line Manager/ Block Leads, and in advance of travel.

On Monday 24 October, BHC Abuja UKB parents are advised strongly not to send children to schools. More detail will follow later today from DHC Gill Atkinson”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Allow ads or disable ads blocker on you browser