Lady stabbed boyfriend to dead in Rivers

A man simply identified as Tony has been stabbed to death by his girlfriend in Rivers state.

The lady, whose identity is yet to be disclosed, killed Tony during an altercation that ensued between the duo on Friday.

The incident happened in an estate along the NTA/Apara link road in Port Harcourt where they both reside.

It is gathered that Tony and the suspect had a heated disagreement on the said date which led to his beating her up but in an attempt to defend herself, the girlfriend stabbed him in the neck.

A source privy to the incident disclosed that the duo continued in the fight without minding the state of the injury sustained by Tony, dragging themselves into the street.

However, Tony was said to have collapsed after losing blood due to the injury sustained from the stab and when sympatisers rushed him to the hospital, he was said to have died on the way.

Tony, who was married to another woman, left his wife whom he had a fallout with in Enugu to stay with the girlfriend who stabbed him to death, Punch quoted the source as saying.

“Tony and his girlfriend had an argument that fateful night which resulted in a fight between them. There are reports that Tony had always been assaulting the lady for some time and this time around, I think in an attempt to defend herself, the lady stabbed him in the neck.

“They carried on with the fight and dragged themselves into the street as no one was willing to interfere in their fight. Tony later collapsed after losing lots of blood from the injury he sustained. When he was rushed to the hospital, he went cold on the way and gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital.

“I also heard that he and his wife in Enugu are in a long divorce battle maybe because of some issues relating to domestic violence.”

The Rivers Police Public Relations Officer, Grace Iringe-Koko, confirmed the incident, stressing that the suspect had been taken into custody and would be prosecuted as soon as investigation was concluded.

“The incident happened. The suspect is in police custody and she is currently undergoing investigation. She will be prosecuted as soon as investigation is concluded,” Iringe-Koko said

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Allow ads or disable ads blocker on you browser